BECOMING A VOLUNTEER
All prospective volunteers that complete an application form are personally interviewed by the Manager of Volunteer Services.
All volunteers must complete a mandatory orientation session that includes instruction in the following:
- Patient confidentiality/HIPAA
- Universal Precautions
- Fire and Safety Rules
- Current OSHA (safety) Standards
- Security & Emergency Preparedness
- All volunteers are entitled to the following:
- Discounts at the Center's Outpatient Pharmacy
- 20% off any purchase in Choices Cafe with your Security ID badge
- Free Parking
Pre-Volunteer Physical and Health Assessment
The New York State Department of Health requires that all new volunteers be evaluated by a physical exam prior to placement. Our Employee Health Department will provide these physical exams, any necessary vaccinations, and a TB skin test free of charge to volunteers. A second TB skin test must be completed and read at Employee Health one week after the first test.
For more information or to request an application, please call Kelly Morrone, manager of Volunteer Services or Kim Read, administrative support associate at (518) 262-3491. The Volunteer Services office is located in MC 110 near Choices Café and is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.